Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Velvet Slippers

Every man should own a pair of velvet slippers. Some might think they're "wasp-y", but I think they're wonderful! There is nothing better than coming home after a long day at work and slipping on your slippers. It's an instant relief from an arduous day at the office. For me, it delays the changing of clothes for a bit and allows me to connect with my family and leave thoughts of the office behind. Mine are from Shipton and Heneage and they're brown with pheasants on the toe (to acknowledge my affinity for pheasant hunting). I just stopped by a Stubbs and Wooton store on the Upper East Side this evening, and theirs are beautiful as well. Here are a few photos of the slippers. As a note, black velvet slippers can be worn in lieu of patten leather for formal wear. You can have them made any way you want them and they will set you apart as a man of style. Check them out and order a pair, you won't regret it!

3 comments:

  1. Love these, I think they are wonderful. I remember going to a Gala with a gent who wore the Ferragamo velvet evening slippers. So fashionable.

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stubbs & Wootton is owned by a dear childhood friend of mine. Their main shop is in PB. Their end of season sale is fabulous, I don't know if they have it in NYC also but watch out for it. Their women's shoes are great also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I would love to get the skull and bones pair for a friend..they are just screaming his name.

    ReplyDelete