Sunday, February 28, 2010

What I've Been Working on Lately

I haven't posted much in the last month and I feel like I've been shirking one of my responsibilities. I have missed writing posts, but I've been a little busy with this little angel!

Our third daughter, Dylan Olivia, was born on February 25 at 2:15pm. We are thrilled to have her in our life. Her sisters are beyond excited to have a new little one around to play with and help with. Our 3 year old loves to brush her hair and our 9 year old loves holding her. 

As we've brought a new baby into the world, I'm reminded of what it means to serve selflessly. I'm not getting up in the middle of the night to change her diaper because I'm being paid to, or because it's my responsibility to, I'm doing it for pure selfless love. To truly serve, one must love. I look forward to bringing that reminder into my daily duties and reflecting on this blog how it affects what I do everyday.

Forgive me for my posts being not as regular, I'll do my best to continue writing as much as I can.

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Congratulations! So precious and beautiful. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, congratulations to the whole family! how wonderful. And look, we will always be here, not to worry... these times go by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the newest addition to your family!!
    She is absolutely adorable! Enjoy her (and the diaper duty!), this wonderful time goes by too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "To truly serve, one must love. I look forward to bringing that reminder into my daily duties..."

    You've just made me a The Butler Does It-Reader for life.

    Congratulations. And my hat it off to you. You've summed up the meaning of existence in a short post.

    Pure selfless love. What could be better, in this world?

    (Arrived here thanks to EEE)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Little girls are the best..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I missed this post! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, OK, fine, you've had a baby. But good golly, it's been TWO MONTHS now. I check back in faithfully every week for my Butler Does It fix, but do I find anything new? N-o-o-o-o-o-o. I understand it's a lot of work and missed sleep and a change to the routine but still, take pity, and bring us back some TBDI goodness once in a while. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon - Thank you for pushing me to post again. After not posting for a while one forgets how rewarding it is to have people read and enjoy the posts. Hopefully you've read the latest post. I'll be better, from here forward!

    ReplyDelete