Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Good Life, Simplified

What goes on behind the gilded doors of the rich and famous? Everyone seems to want to know. Everyday no fewer that a dozen tour buses pass by the mansion where I work. Many more tourists walk by and, if the door happens to be open, try to peer inside. I even had a few ladies ring the doorbell and tell me they were wondering if they could have a look around (the answer was no!).

So what is it that everyone expects to find? What is it that these rich people have that we all want to know about? Where do they keep the gold plated Ferrari? Is the Mr. hanging around drinking scotch and smoking a cigar? The answer is that what goes on in the homes of the rich and famous is not much different than what goes on in your home. They eat there, they sleep there, they have guests over for lunch or dinner (okay, their guests are more interesting than yours!). I'll explore with you what it is specifically that makes the lives of the rich and famous interesting.

The first thing that the wealthy have that makes their life different is the luxury to choose what they do everyday. Tasks are not chosen for them (laundry, preparing meals, running errands, etc.), they choose what they want to do. This is one of the beauties of having money, the ability to hire someone to do things that you don't like or don't want to do. My career has focused on how to help my clients live the way that they want. One of the key factors is that these people have really thought about how they want to spend their time and they created the service around them to facilitate that. I contend that you don't have to be a multi-millionaire to have a better life with more time to spend on what you want to spend time doing.
This blog is about giving you, the reader, a peek into the lives of the uber-wealthy and how the insights that I share can help you live a more rewarding life. A life where you get to choose how to spend your most valuable resource, your time.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that was what you did. By my imagination, I'd think it to be a fun job to be a butler to one of the rich and famous. I could easily be wrong but its a great way to see into their lives from "our" perspective.

    I look forward to these blogs and hope to gain some perspective as to what is going on in your life too.

    Hope you and the family are doing well. Hopefully we'll get to catch up soon.

    Neal

    - Feel free to follow my blog too if you'd like. I'd consider it interesting but that is up to you. myfamilyismylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all for living a more rewarding life! I think a driver would help me do that, in all honesty. You also make me realize I need to update my blog post trip west, I've been a bad blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool Brother! I like it alot! Maybe you could help your sister find some more time and $$ so I can do the things I want to do! Keep up the blog, very fun and interesting. Give my love to the girls and Mari. XO~Ash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jared, I'm impressed.
    I'm sure you are great at your work.
    I was always impressed with your kind words and mannerism. Thank you for being in my family's life.
    Your Sunbeam teacher...way back when.
    Sister Spero

    ReplyDelete